JAN KNIGHT DESIGNS

All the things I love to see and do. Fabric, Threads and other lovely things.

Monday, December 22, 2008

CHRISTMAS WISHES





I WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY AND SAFE CHRISTMAS AND A JOYOUS NEW YEAR!

MAY 2009 BRING EVERYONE ALL THAT THEY WOULD WISH FOR.

I DID promise to post some pics of my decorations but have simply ran out of time. The quilt in the photograph is one I designed and made way back in the very early 90's. Not a terribly good photograph but it is still part of my decorations. It hangs in the loungeroom and for want of a better title is called "Knight Christmas" :) I've added more quilting in the background since the pic was taken and it DOES hang a lot better! LOL Port is almost packed, Megs has been deposited at the cattery (the owner is a real softie with cats so perhaps he won't want to come home to us!) and we fly out of Cairns at around 11am, I think, and arrive in Newcastle at 5.30pm their time. It's going to be very special to spend Christmas with Matt in his home - he even said he'd buy a Christmas tree! :) Unfortunately Kirsten has to work so won't get to see her again this year. Until I post again (we arrive home on 8th January) I hope everyone has a relaxed time and also hope Santa is kind to you all! Love and best wishes,

Jan xxx
PS. Have to add that here in Queensland a suitcase is often called a port. LOL I wasn't just packing a bottle of port to take with me! :)

10 comments:

SewIknit2 said...

Happy Christmas, Jan!! hope you have a safe journey and a marvellous time (and we'll try and believe you about the "port"!!!)
HAPPY CRAFTY NEW YEAR too for 2009!
Love, Sue xxxx

Anonymous said...

Merry christmas to you and your family. Also a happy creative new year

Erin said...

Hey Jan, I wish you and your family the All the Best! I hopeyou have a great trip and bring back with you many merry memories!! stay in touch!!

Erin Bennett
NH

Jan said...

Hi Everybody! Thanks for the good wishes. Having a lovely time and seeing lots! Haven't got to a quilt shop yet though! Working on it! Off to do the Hunter Valley wineries, cheese & chocolate factories on Wednesday so that should be good. Take Care Everyone, love Jan xxx

Erin said...

Jan!!! Woody and I received your package yesterday!!! Jan. 2 wow it is wonderful to receive such a nice gift! I love it! Woody loved his things too...I did take pics and will put it on my blog...you are such a great friend...I wish you all the best for a great year and safe return trip home! talk to you soon!

SpecialK1406 said...

Oh motherbear - i got all excited when you said you would post pics of the Chrissie decs - I miss our house at Christmas!! Did you end up taking any pics of the lights?? Im hoping they are still up and you can take some when you get home!! Email the pics of the decs!!! xxxxx

Jan said...

To Erin....so glad it arrived safely! :) AND, glad you liked it too! You are most welcome and will look at your blog when I get home. We leave tomorrow...it's been great visiting Matt but also looking forward to getting home again too. Stay Safe, Jan xx

Jan said...

Hi Sweetheart....yes, and I missed having you help me put them all up too! Seemed like something was missing somehow...WILL take pics when I get back home, time just got away from me. Will also make sure I get a pic before Dad takes down the lights too. He didn't as much this year because of being away but he extended down the side of the house for our AL BBQ so that was different AND looks good too! Love you!

SewIknit2 said...

We need more blogging, Jan!! yay!!

I've nominated you for the Kreative Blogger Award, pick it up from my blog and pass it on if you wish etc.

Happy Stitching!
Sue xxx

Jan said...

Sue! Just read your last comment. Thankyou!!! Will do that too....I've been so slack but back on track now. Hopefully! LOL
Jan xxx