JAN KNIGHT DESIGNS

All the things I love to see and do. Fabric, Threads and other lovely things.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Issue of Handmade


My copy of Handmade arrived in the mail yesterday. Volume 26 No 2. Rustic Gatherings; Holly Penny Rug (although I had called it Rustic Seasons!) and Under the Mistletoe (my name - A Christmas Kiss). A Christmas Kiss is one of my older designs (discontinued from my catalogue of patterns)having it's last "hurrah" but the other two were specifically designed for the magazine. The magazine changes my titles sometimes and that's fine! :) It's a really nice issue with lots of nice things to make. A nice appliqued tree skirt; the cutist reindeer teddy bear who just makes you smile; Jordon who is a lovely teddy bear, a great table runner and a lovely painted wooden Santa are just a few among the over 45 projects to make.

It's now the 1st October so that has to mean that it's only around 85 days until Christmas!
WOW! Where has the year gone? I'm sure it's not just because I'm knocking on old age, it as to be the busy lifestyles we live now surely?
We're going to Newcastle for Christmas to our son, who is in the airforce and stationed at Williamtown airbase. He's living in a townhouse off base now and has nagged since he moved for us to go to him for Christmas - so we are! :) He's a bit of a "bah humbug" about Christmas decorations etc so I'm going to have to take my own I think! Maybe he'll succumb to a small tree so we can hang the ornaments I have made each year for he and Kirsten at least? Which reminds me!!! I'm going to have to think of what theme I'm doing for them this year! Will have to get my thinking cap on...any ideas gratefully received! :) Until next time, Happy Stitching,
Jan

2 comments:

quiltingseagull said...

Congrats Jan! I love them all but I think your Christmas Kiss is adorable!!

makeitsew07 said...

Yippee ! You're going to visit Matt !! Is Kirsten joining you ?? congratulations on the magazine. I'll watch for it at my local Joann's.. I've picked it up there before and I always brag on my pal Jan.. :) Love the stocking, by the way.. I need to get cracking on my own Christmas stuff.....
Hugs!
Deb