JAN KNIGHT DESIGNS

All the things I love to see and do. Fabric, Threads and other lovely things.

Monday, October 13, 2008

WENDY'S BIG "O" BOOK

The last of the big "O" books for this year. More for next year! :) Wendy loves bright colours so I did the cover with this lovely bright orange wool felt I had. I've used pansies (for friendship) as the theme on all the covers and this time, needlefelted the cover with my lovely Pfaff Embellisher. I used wool tops (the pansy, dupion silk (the purple on the left), wool thread (the curly bit) and mummi silk (the little red spots). I hand stitched the detail on the pansy and leaf as I thought machine stitching might get lost in the felt. Also handstitched the running stitch detail as well. Added beads and used iron-on buckram (spelling?) to stiffen the cover.
Judy's page is the brown one with silk ribbon embroidery and lace. Mine is the crazy patch styled one with the old painting printed from the PC; hand made, rolled ribon roses with 1cm wide ribbon; lace medallion; old buttons; beads and a gold charm. Moreen's page is a beautifully embroidered stitchery design with a lovely little lace butterfly. Other pages were stitcheries, crazy patch and Wendy's Mum Carole stitched an exquisite stork on japanese printed fabric - single thread silk buttonholed around the outline. We will be giving it to Wendy tomorrow so hope she likes it! :)

I spent most of the weekend working on a new bag design AND finishing my Angel Swap gift so that's all ready to post to reach my recipient before the end of the month. It's been fun and I'm checking the mail each day for mine! :)

Until next time, happy stitching,

Jan






2 comments:

Hannies Annies said...

wow all of them are gorgeous! I was thinking of buying a felter, are they easy to use? your work is gorgeous..I know I keep saying that but it is so true!

Jan said...

Thankyou so much Erin - so glad you like what I do. Felters are just SO easy to use and amazing just what you can do with them! The concept takes a little getting used to as you feel like you're sitting at a sewing machine BUT without thread, bobbins etc :) I feel it's important to concentrate as if you lose your concentration that's when you seem to break needles and they're not cheap to replace! No sudden, sharp movements is what I'd probably say is the best thing to do. Great to hear from you! :)